Shirodhara : The Stress Relief Therapy
- Brings balance and harmony to body, mind and spirit
- Generates a profound state of relaxation in body and mind, relieving stress
- Opens up the flow of energy in the body
- Stabilizes the nervous system
- Eliminates imbalances of the head affecting neck, eyes, ears, nose
- Helps sleep better
- Turns on the body’s healing mechanism
- Nourishes hair and scalp, and strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss and premature graying
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines.
- Activates the pituitary, pineal glands and hypothalamus which regulate all hormones in the body
- Helps produce endorphins – the neurotransmitters of the body
- Enhances concentration, mental clarity and comprehension
Shirodhara is a form of Ancient Indian Ayurveda Stress relief therapy that involves gently pouring of warm herbal oil over the forehead for specific period of time. The name comes from the Sanskrit words SHIRA (Head) DHARA (flow).
Shirodhara has been used in India for centuries to treat a wide range of conditions, and many spas have adopted Shirodhara treatment. Modern lifestyles lead to poor health in many ways. However, the use of simple and natural methods can improve health.
The Doshas (vata, pitta and khapha) when in imbalance create blockages in channels. Shirodhara efficiently pacifies the doshas and bring back to original places. Shirodhara is a preventive therapy.
Shirodhara is a physical, mental and emotional relaxation therapy. It calms nervous system and sharpen the sensory organs. From the spiritual perspective, the Shirodhara is considered opening up the third eye and reaching out to Agnya chakra that leads sativaka (pure) thoughts.
Shirodhara : $119 (45 mins)